Nomination Committee at the AGM 2023
In accordance with the resolution passed by Elekta’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) on August 25, 2020, the Chairman of the Board convened the Nomination Committee for the AGM 2023 by contacting the company’s largest shareholders in terms of votes, in addition to the shareholder or shareholders represented by the Chairman himself. The procedure is described in detail in the notice to the AGM 2020.
The Nomination Committee for the AGM 2023 consisted of:
- Laurent Leksell (Chair of the Nomination Committee), in his capacity as Chairman of the Board of Elekta and representing his own and related parties’ holdings
- Thomas Wuolikainen, appointed by the Fourth Swedish National Pension Fund
- Filippa Gerstädt, appointed by Nordea Funds
- Patrik Jönsson, appointed by SEB Funds
- Henrik Didner, appointed by Didner & Gerge Fonder
The task of the Nomination Committee is to present the following proposals for resolution:
- Chairman of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders;
- Chairman of the Board of Directors and other members of the Board of Directors;
- fees to the Board of Directors;
- external auditor and fees to the auditor; and where deemed necessary,
- proposal to amend the procedure for the Nomination Committee.
The Nomination Committee proposed that the AGM 2023 should resolve to re-elected Laurent Leksell, who was also proposed to be re-elected as Chairman of the Board, Caroline Leksell Cooke, Kelly Londy, Wolfgang Reim, Jan Secher, Birgitta Stymne Göransson and Cecilia Wikström and elected Tomas Eliasson and Volker Wetekam as directors of the Board. Johan Malmquist declined re-election.
Tomas Eliasson has extensive experience as CFO from companies such as Assa Abloy, Electrolux and Sandvik, where he left in 2021. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Boliden, Telia and Millicom. At these companies, he is a member of the audit committees as well as the committee’s chairman in the two latter companies. Tomas holds an MSc degree in Business and Economics from Uppsala University. He was born in 1962 and is a Swedish citizen.
Volker Wetekam is currently leading the Automated Driving unit at Bosch and was prior to that the company’s Chief Strategy Officer. He has extensive knowledge about digitalization and automatization. Volker has more than 25 years’ experience in the Medical Technology and Life-Science industry and has held executive positions at Siemens Healthineers, GE Healthcare, and Agfa Healthcare. He earned a PhD degree in Quantitative Economics & Software Engineering from the University of Leipzig and holds an MSc degree in Computer Science. Volker is a German citizen, lives in Munich, and was born in 1970. Currently, he has no external board assignments.
The Nomination Committee's complete proposal was published in connection with the notice convening Elekta's Annual General Meeting 2023, held on 24 August 2023.