Year-end report, May–April 2022/23
Strong revenue growth and record cash flow
During the fourth quarter, the improved supply chain situation resulted in strong revenue growth, lower working capital and record level cash flow. The Cost-reduction Initiative supported EBIT margin improvement. Going forward we expect continued revenue growth and improved margins.
President and CEO
• Gross order intake increased by 8 percent to SEK 6,359 M (5,897), corresponding to a 0 percent increase in constant exchange rates
• Net sales increased by 21 percent to SEK 5,125 M (4,239), corresponding to a 10 percent increase in constant exchange rates
• Adjusted gross margin amounted to 37.8 percent (37.0)
• Adjusted EBIT amounted to SEK 832 M (570), corresponding to an adjusted EBIT margin of 16.2 percent (13.4)
• Earnings per share was SEK 1.43 (1.09) before dilution and SEK 1.43 (1.09) after dilution
• Adjusted earnings per share was SEK 1.53 (1.09) before dilution and SEK 1.53 (1.09) after dilution
• Cash flow after continuous investments amounted to SEK 1,574 M (623)
• Gross order intake increased by 10 percent to SEK 20,143 M (18,364), corresponding to a 1 percent decrease in constant exchange rates
• Net sales increased by 16 percent to SEK 16,869 M (14,548), corresponding to a 4 percent increase in constant exchange rates
• Adjusted gross margin amounted to 38.1 percent (37.4)
• Adjusted EBIT amounted to SEK 1,743 M (1,643), corresponding to an adjusted EBIT margin of 10.3 percent (11.3)
• Earnings per share was SEK 2.47 (3.02) before dilution and SEK 2.47 (3.02) after dilution
• Adjusted earnings per share was SEK 3.11 (3.02) before dilution and SEK 3.10 (3.02) after dilution
• Cash flow after continuous investments amounted to SEK 400 M (450)
Significant events after the quarter
• The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 2.40 (2.40) per share (paid in two installments) for 2022/23
New outlook from 2022/23 to 2024/25
• Net sales CAGR of above 7 percent
• EBIT margin expansion
|Gross order intake||6,359||5,897||0%||1||20,143||18,364||-1%||1|
|Adjusted gross margin 2||37.8%||37.0%||0.8 ppts||38.1%||37.4%||0.7 ppts|
|Adjusted EBIT 3||832||570||46%||1,743||1,643||6%|
|Adjusted EBIT margin 3||16,2%||13,4%||2.8 ppts||10,3%||11,3%||-1 ppts|
|Gross margin||37.7%||37.0%||0.6 ppts||37.6%||37.4%||0.3 ppts|
|EBIT margin||15,3%||13,4%||1.9 ppts||8,5%||11,3%||-2.8 ppts|
|Cash flow after continous investments||1,574||623||153%||400||450||-11%|
|Adjusted earnings per share before/after dilution, SEK4||1.53 / 1.53||1.09 / 1.09||41%||3.11 / 3.10||3.02 / 3.02||3%|
|Earnings per share before/after dilution, SEK||1.43 / 1.43||1.09 / 1.09||31%||2.47 / 2.47||3.02 / 3.02||-18%|
1 Compared to last fiscal year based on constant exchange rates.
2 Adjusted gross margin = Gross margin excluding items affecting comparability attributable to the Cost-reduction Initiative within the Resilience and Excellence Program, see page 26.
3 Adjusted EBIT = Operating income (EBIT) excluding items affecting comparability attributable to the Cost-reduction Initiative within the Resilience and Excellence Program, see page 27.
4 Adjusted earnings per share = Net income attributable to Parent Company shareholders, excluding items affecting comparability attributable to the Cost-reduction Initiative, in relation to the weighted average number of shares (excluding treasury shares), see page 27.
# # #
For further information, please contact:
Tobias Hägglöv, CFO
Tel: +46 76 107 4799, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Time zone: CET: Central European Time
Cecilia Ketels, Head of Investor Relations
Tel: +46 76 611 76 25, e-mail: email@example.com
Time zone: CET: Central European Time
As a leader in precision radiation therapy, Elekta is committed to ensuring every patient has access to the best cancer care possible. We openly collaborate with customers to advance sustainable, outcome-driven and cost-efficient solutions to meet evolving patient needs, improve lives and bring hope to everyone dealing with cancer. To us, it's personal, and our global team of 4,700 employees combine passion, science, and imagination to profoundly change cancer care. We don’t just build technology, we build hope. Elekta is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with offices in more than 40countries and listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. For more information, visit elekta.com or follow @Elekta on Twitter.