Elekta announces changes to its Executive Management
Elekta announced today the following changes to its executive management, effective immediately:
- Johan Sedihn has been appointed Chief Operating Officer. Johan is currently Elekta’s Executive Vice President (EVP) Oncology.
- Bill Yaeger has been appointed EVP Oncology. Bill comes from Oncology Services International where he was CEO.
- Olof Sandén, EVP and head of region Europe, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East, has decided to leave Elekta. Tomas Puusepp, president and chief executive, will take over his responsibilities on an interim basis.
- John Lapré, currently VP R&D Brachytherapy, has been appointed EVP Brachytherapy. He will succeed Jos Lamers who has decided to leave Elekta.
Tomas Puusepp commented: “We are grateful for the contributions Olof Sandén and Jos Lamers have made to Elekta. Olof has a long history with the company and has played a significant role helping generate our strong growth over the last few years. Jos joined us in 2011 with the acquisition of Nucletron and has overseen the successful integration of Nucletron into Elekta. We wish both of them the best of luck in their future endeavors.”
He added: “Johan Sedihn, our new COO, brings with him a deep understanding of Elekta, having worked here for many years. He has the right skills to further strengthen our company’s business excellence. And I warmly welcome Bill Yaeger and John Lapré to our Executive Management. Both are extremely talented leaders with strong business background and will add valuable new insights to our senior management team.”
With these changes in effect, Elekta’s Executive Management will comprise:
- Tomas Puusepp (President and CEO)
- Håkan Bergström (CFO)
- Johan Sedihn (COO)
- Bill Yaeger (EVP Oncology)
- Åsa Hedin (EVP Neuroscience)
- Todd Powell (EVP Software)
- John Lapré (EVP Brachytherapy)
- Jay Hoey (EVP Region North America)
- Gilbert Wai (EVP Region Asia Pacific)
For further information, please contact:
Stina Thorman, Vice President Corporate Communications, Elekta AB
Tel: +46 8 587 254 37
Time zone: CET: Central European
Johan Andersson Melbi, Investor Relations Manager, Elekta AB
Tel: +46 702 100 451, email: email@example.com
Time zone: CET: Central European Time
The above information is such that Elekta AB (publ) shall make public in accordance with the Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was published at 07.30 CET on June 5, 2012.
Elekta is a human care company pioneering significant innovations and clinical solutions for treating cancer and brain disorders. The company develops sophisticated, state-of-the-art tools and treatment planning systems for radiation therapy, radiosurgery and brachytherapy, as well as workflow enhancing software systems across the spectrum of cancer care. Stretching the boundaries of science and technology, providing intelligent and resource-efficient solutions that offer confidence to both healthcare providers and patients, Elekta aims to improve, prolong and even save patient lives.
Today, Elekta solutions in oncology and neurosurgery are used in over 6,000 hospitals worldwide. Elekta employs around 3,300 employees globally. The corporate headquarters is located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the company is listed on the Nordic Exchange under the ticker EKTAb. Website: www.elekta.com.