The shareholders’ right of decision in Elekta affairs is exercised at shareholders’ meetings. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held in Stockholm, Sweden in September. Notification of the AGM is published according to the rules of the Companies Act, not earlier than six and not later than four weeks in advance. All registered shareholders receive an invitation to the AGM together with a copy of the annual report.
To be able to participate in decisions, shareholders must be present at the AGM personally or via a representative. Shareholders may register to participate by mail, fax, telephone or e-mail. The language for the AGM is Swedish, and all documentation is available in Swedish and English. Matters addressed by the AGM include dividend, adoption of the annual report, nomination of members of the Board of Directors, as well as auditors if applicable, remuneration to the Board of Directors and auditors, as well as other important issues resulting from laws or the Articles of Association. Series A shares entitle the holder to ten votes, while Series B shares carry one vote. Decisions are normally taken by simple majority, with the exception of those instances when Swedish law requires a qualified majority. All relevant documentation for the AGM is made available at the Company’s head office and on Elekta’s website, www.elekta.com, in Swedish and English.
Information regarding direct or indirect shareholdings in Elekta, representing not less than one tenth of the voting rights of all shares in the Company, as well as information on authorizations by the AGM for the Board of Directors to decide upon repurchases of own shares, is foundon pages 66–67 in the 2010/11 annual report.
At the 2011 Annual General Meeting of Elekta AB (publ), on September 13, 433 shareholders entitled to vote participated, representing 59 percent of the votes in the company.
Documents AGM 2011
- Auditors' report in accordance with Swedish Companies Act 8:54
- Biography Siaou-Sze Lien
- Biography Wolfgang Reim
- Minutes from the Annual General Meeting 2011
- Evaluation of remuneration in accordance with item 10.3 Swedish Code of Corporate Governance
- Information regarding previously approved not due compensation
- Notice of the Annual General Meeting 2011
- Point 10 - Proposal by the Board concerning disposition of the earnings including statement by the Board in accordance with Swedish Companies Act 18:4
- Point 17 a) - Proposal by the Board regarding authorization to acquire own shares including statement by the Board in accordance with Swedish Companies Act 19:22
- Point 18 - Proposal by the Board for a resolution on Performane Share Plan 2011
- Possible outcome of remuneration to executive management
- Proposal by the Nomination Committee, reasoned statement and information regarding proposed members of the Board
- Form of Power of Attorney
Elekta's Annual Report
Please note that the above documents are translated from the Swedish language original. In the event of any differences between the translations and the Swedish language original, the latter shall prevail.