The shareholders’ right of decision in Elekta’s affairs is exercised at general meetings. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held in Stockholm, Sweden in September. Notification of the AGM is published according to the rules of the Companies Act, not earlier than six and not later than four weeks in advance. All registered shareholders receive an invitation to the AGM together with a copy of the annual report.
To be able to participate in decisions, shareholders must be present at the AGM personally or via a representative. Shareholders may register to participate by mail, fax, telephone or e-mail. The language for the AGM is Swedish, and all documentation is available in Swedish and English. Matters considered at the AGM include dividend, adoption of the annual report, nomination of members of the Board of Directors as well as auditors, if applicable, remuneration to the Board of Directors and auditors as well as other important issues resulting from laws or the articles of association.
Series A shares entitle the holder to ten votes, while Series B shares carry one vote. Decisions are normally taken by simple majority, with the exception of those instances when Swedish law requires a qualified majority. All relevant documentation for the AGM is made available at the Company’s head office and on Elekta’s website, www.elekta.com, in Swedish and English.
At the Annual General Meeting of Elekta AB (publ), on September 21, 2010, 337 shareholders entitled to vote participated, representing 51 percent of the votes in the company. Information regarding direct or indirect shareholding in Elekta representing at least one-tenth of the total votes of he Company and information about authorizations by the general meeting for the Board of Directors to decide upon repurchases of own shares is set out in the Board of Directors’ Report on page 47 in the Annual Report.
Documents AGM 2010
- Minutes recorded at the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders in Elekta AB (publ), held on September 21, 2010 in Stockholm
- Auditors' report in accordance with Swedish Companies Act 8:54
- Biography Jan Secher
- Evaluation by the Board of remuneration in accordance with the Code
- Outstanding commitments to exceutive management
- Notice of the Annual General Meeting 2010
- Point 10 - Proposal by the Board concerning disposition of the earnings including statement by the Board in accordance with Swedish Companies Act 18:4
- Point 16 - Proposal by the Board regarding guidelines for remuneration to the executive management
- Point 17 a) - Proposal by the Board regarding authorization to acquire own shares including statement by the Board in accordance with Swedish Companies Act 19:22
- Point 17 b) - Proposal by the Board regarding authorization to transfer own shares
- Point 17 c) - Proposal by the Board for a resolution on transfer of own shares with reference to the Performance Share Program 2010
- Point 17 d) - Proposal by the Board regarding authorization to transfer of own shares with reference to the Performance Share Program 2009
- Point 18 - Proposal by the Board for a decision on incentive programme
- Possible outcome of remuneration to executive management
- Proposal by the Nomination Committee, reasoned statement and information regarding proposed members of the Board
Elekta's Annual Report
Please note that the above documents are translated from the Swedish language original. In the event of any differences between the translations and the Swedish language original, the latter shall prevail.